Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Burnt Multilink Universal - Help with one component
pepe p. Dec 2, 2019 at 11:05 AM (11:05 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Hello,

In our company we have been using Multilink Universal and Multilink Universal FX as our primaries programmer/debugger tools.

Recently, the Multilink Universal (the old one) has died. Suddenly, when it was attached to the USB port of the PC, smoke started to come out from the case!!!.
    We take the PCB out the case and attached it again to the USB port to see wich component was the problem, and we found out that it was U3 the one that was throwing smoke. It has three pins and it´s near the targets connectors.

Saddly, we don´t have the schematic of the circuit, nor the BOM in order to replace the component. And being outside US, it seems quite pointless sending it to repair just because of one component (because of the shipping costs).

I saw in other topics that both the schematic and the BOM are confidential and PE Micro won´t release it. But, in this case, I´m just asking if the tech support guys can simply tell us wich component is the U3 (identification, family of chip, or just buying information) so we can replace it here.

Following is the information of the board we have.

Programmer/Debugger: Multilink Universal (green case).

On board silk-screen: PE1729
    USB ML UNIVERSAL Rev A.2

HS5 94V-0

Thanks in advance, and any information provided will be appreciated

Comments

• Hi Pepe,

U3 is a Fairchild BSS138.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Regards,
      Johnny
      PEmicro Support

• Johnny (PEmicro Support), 

Thank you very much for the information!
        I really appreciate your response and how quickly you answered!

Thanks again!

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2020 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement