Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
USB Multilink Debugging Error
savas erdem k. Nov 12, 2019 at 04:44 AM (04:44 hours)
Staff: Gilbert Y.

• Hello,

I'm working on board bring-up for a new PCB design using the Kinetis K28F (specifically, MK28FN2M0AVMI15). We are at the beginning of the software development process; therefore, we are still trying to use SDK examples provided for the FRDM-K28F development board as a template. The Multilink was working just fine that we could successfully connect our boards and debug them. After I modified clock settings of the SDK example, I programmed 2 of the boards with Multilink. However, the Multilink can no longer connect to these 2 boards. When I try to debug them in MCUXpresso I get the messsage "An error occured while connecting to the interface hardware or target specified in the Launch Configuration Dialog. For this launch, you may retry/re-specify the connection with the following parameters:" I can still successfully connect and debug my other boards whose flash is not programmed yet. Do you have any suggestions about this issue?

Thank you,
    SavaƟ Erdem Kartal

Comments

• Hello Savas,

What was the clock speed that you changed the K28F to? You may need to change the debug shift speed to be at least twice the speed of the target clock.

In the "Debugger" tab of "Debug Configurations", you can find the "Debug Shift Freq" under "Target Communication Speed". This value is in KHz. The MultiLink FX is capable of reaching 25 MHz and the MultiLink non-FX is capable of 1 MHz.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Regards,
      Gilbert Y.

• The FRDM board has 12Mhz external oscillator but in our design we used 24Mhz one. I only changed the oscillator frequency to 24Mhz and oscillator mode to High Gain Mode. Does this affect the debug probe frequency?I guess I will not be able to double 24Mhz since it is out of range.

• Sorry, I misspoke earlier. This may not be an issue with the device clock speed.

How are you connecting your target device to the MultiLink? Are you using the 10 mini cable? Do you have the reset line connected?

• Yes, I am using 10mini cable. Yes, reset, vcc, gnd, swd_clk and swd_data is connected. The issue started after I programmed it with Multilink so the hardware is verified.

• Could you open a support request with us so that you can share the project you are using? This will give us more details on how the oscillator and clocks were modified for us to debug the issue.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2020 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement