Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
A question about NXP 9S08 PL60 programming by USB BDM Multilink
Kehan Q. Nov 11, 2019 at 01:00 AM (01:00 hours)
Staff: Steve M.

• Hi
    One of my customer reported that they had failed to use the USB BDM Multilink(I found it has been discontinued on PE website) to connect and debug with NXP new 8-bit S08 MCU PL60 at the first time(it means the chip was just unpacking, totally new and blank). But strangely it could be connected after they using cyclone connect and download their code into it first. Also, the new multilink REV-C could worked well with PL60.
    I thought the old multilink could not support the new NXP 9S08 MCU, is that right? Hope I can get a confirm from yours, then I can ask my customer to use the new version multilink, thanks a lot.

Kehan
    Best Regards

Comments

• Hi Kehan,

Yes this is correct. We implemented support for the PL/PA/PT 9S08 devices after development of the USB BDM Multilink with our newer software intended for newer Multilinks. It should work fine with our newer products such as the Multilink Universal and Cyclone devices.

We do offer a trade-in program where your customer can receive a discount on a new Multilink Universal if they trade-in their USB BDM Multilink.

Here is the URL in case your customer is interested.

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320176&productTab=1

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Steve

• Got it with thanks.

Best Regards
        Kehan

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2020 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement