Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
BDM interface cable
KwanSup J. Oct 23, 2019 at 10:16 AM (10:16 hours)
Staff: Steve M.

• In order to use software upgrade (produce around year 1999) for the current device, the procedure states that you should use PE Micro's BDM interface cable, so please advise me which tool to use instead of BDM interface cable. The chip model is MC68332ACFC16. The content below is attached with some content in procedure .

"Personal Computer (PC) running DOS, with ICD32 software (available from Motorola or P&E Microsystems, see next item for details) and any terminal emulator program.
    Motorola or P&E Microsystems BDM interface cable. P&E part number “ICD Cable” available from P&E Microsystems, PO. Box 2044, Woburn, MA, 01888-0044, telephone 617-353-9206, and is included with Motorola version of ICD32 software, part number M68ICD32.

Comments

• Hi Steve,

Thank you for your prompt reply...
    Does the Multilink FX work independently of the window OS?
    I understand that the code to upgrade was developed based on window95 basis.
    And my computer is window xp. Is there any problem with operating under these conditions?
    Do you have any recommendations tool & software for running Multilink FX?

Thanks,

KS

• Hello,

The Multilink FX should be compatible with Windows XP. You should not run into any issues doing so.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Steve

• Hi Steve,
    Thank you so much and will contact again after try to use the Multilink FX.
    KS

• Hi Steve,

When connecting the USB-ML FX interface cable, the following error message occurs. Can I connect the USB-serial port as if it was connected to a parallel port?

"Make sure that the BDM interface cable connection and ICD32 are using the correct parallel port on your PC"

Thanks,

KS

• Hello,

Make sure that you have the correct setting selected in the Connection Manager for the Multilink FX. Could you setup a Support Request through our website so that you are able to send a screenshot of your ICD32Z connection manager?

Steve

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2020 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement