Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
communication with the target failed
sumit k. Sep 23, 2019 at 03:37 AM (03:37 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi Folks,
    I am trying to debug HC9S12S256 on Code Warrior with P&E micro USB multilink debugger. Everything is working fine, I am able to compile and make it successfully, but the problem is, when I am trying to debug it, I am getting an error dialog box stating that " communication with the target failed ", and in description it is stating that "The target MCU has no clock or wrong BDM clock speed is used or derivative is secured. " the P&E micro debugger has two led Blue and Yellow, the blue one is illuminating when it is connected to the computer via USB cable, but the Yellow one is not illuminating after connecting to the target board.
    I request you guys to help me in sorting out this problem, need urgent help as I am on an urgent project...any help is appreciated...thanks in advance...

Comments

• Greetings,

Without the yellow LED you are for sure not going to connect. It indicates that the multilink has detected power or not. You need to check the VDD and GND connections and make sure you have those connected.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao Yamada,
      Thanks a lot for your swift reply, we have solved the issue and now the debugger is working fine. the problem was occurring due to wrong connection.
      for your kind information, the pin layout given by P&E micro for Port C-BDM for S12 micros is not matching with the connector coming out of the P&E debugger. The notch indicating the first pin on the connector of the debugger is not matching with the pin layout given by the P&E micro for the connector of the debugger, due to which we have had wrong connection. The connection is getting flipped, if connecting as per the pin layout provided by the P&E micro on the back of the Debugger itself too...

Sumit Kumar

• Hi Takao Yamada,
        Sorry, its my bad, I think the pin layout provided is the back view not the front view, I assume it as front view..but nothing was mentioned about front or back view...hahahah...thanks a lot for ur help and support...

Sumit Kumar

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2020 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement