Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
USB Multilink Universal with Coldfire V1
Ryan M. Aug 20, 2019 at 02:20 PM (14:20 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,
    I have an IP core Coldfire V1 working in an FPGA and I want to use the single pin debug. I have the USB Multilink Universal, but I have a question about BDM Clock. On the core, there are 2 inputs - CPU clock which is 25MHz and BDM clock. I believe the core selects either a divided down CPU clock (by 2, 4, 8 or 16) or the BDM clock input as the BDM clock source.. When I run ICDCFZ it wants me to select a clock for the debugger but the max is 1MHz (and 25MHz/16 is 1.56MHz). I can supply 1 MHz to the core's BDM clock input, but the docs seem to indicate it starts out using CPU clock (divided) for the first command. Does this make sense and can I get this to work?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Comments

• Greetings,

ICDCFZ would be the wrong software to be using for ColdFire V1. That is for ColdFire V2/3/4 devices.

What you need is ICDCFV1:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320110

In ICDCFV1 you will not be asked to select a clock for the debugger because it is using BDM communication instead of JTAG used by ColdFire V2/3/4 in ICDCFZ.

Takao Yamada

• OK,
    I actually have both. But the ICDCFV1 was never licensed. Is it possible to still do that? This was purchased back in 2016.

Thanks,
    Ryan

• I found the original order and it had the installation code attached, so the license issue is resolved.  I'll go try it out!

• That did the trick - it works!  Thanks for the help.

Ryan

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2019 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement