Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
PE Multilink Universal FX Rev. C - need to update unit16z/unit32z library?
Marcus B. Aug 15, 2019 at 05:02 AM (05:02 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Hello,

we use the following software to program our devices with PE Multilink Universal / PE Multilink Universal FX

unit32z_dist - dll version 5.17
    unit16z_dist - dll Version 5.16

For the HCS12 devices the PE Multilink Universal FX Rev. C does not work. It is erasing, programming, but then the verify failed.

Also it is not possible to switch automatically between unit32 and unit16 firmware.

What do we Need to get the new programming device PE Multilink Universal FX Rev. C up and running? Do we Need to buy an update for our old unit16z_dist and unit32_dist library?

Best wishes,
    Marcus

Comments

• Hi Marcus,

The two unit DLLs described in your comment don't support HCS12 devices. There seems to be some confusion here about which product one should be using.

What is the part number of the HCS12 device that you are trying to program?

What flash programming software are you running? Is it one of our software PROG12Z or CPROG12Z? Or is it a third party IDE like Codewarrior or Cosmic?

Regards,
      Johnny

• Hi Johnny,

you are right.

I mean unit12z_dist - dll Version 5.16.

Regards,
        Marcus

• Hi Marcus,

What is the part number of the HCS12 device that you are trying to program?

unit12z_dist is a library so you must have some application that is loading the dll and using the functions that it provides. What is that application that you are using? is it an IDE like Codewarrior or Cosmic or is it a custom application that your company developed?

If you are using Codewarrior or Cosmic IDEs, there maybe a patch available to update it. If this a your company's application, then you may need to buy an update to unit12z_dist.

Regards,
          Johnny

• Hi Johnny,

We developed an own program to Flash the HCS12 device. So we Need to update this library - OK.

But we also have the problem to automatically change back the firmware of the PE Multilink Universal FX to be able to flash with the unit32z_dist library. Do we need to update the library or is it something else. Because the flashing with the unit32_dist library is still working.

Regards,
    Marcus

• Hi Marcus,

It's possible you're just missing the firmware. I'm sending you the latest firmware for the 683xx. Place the file with unit32z.dll. Let me know it can automatically update the firmware.

Regards,
      Johnny
      PEmicro

• Hi Johnny,

it is starting the automatic firmware update with no success.

Regards,
        Marcus

• Marcus,

Let me verify that the automatic firmware update is working on the latest unit_12z.dll and unit_32z.dll.

Regards,
          Johnny
          PEmicro

• Hi Johnny,

could verify that the automatic firmware update is working?

Regards,
            Marcus

• Hi Marcus,

Yes I verified that automatic firmware update is working with unit32z and unit12z version 7.54. Let me know if you would like a quote to update your licenses.

Regards,
              Johnny
              PEmicro Support

• Hi Johnny,

yes please give a quote for the licences unit32z and unit12z version 7.54. Is a discount possible, since we have to update because of the hardware change only?

The quote I hand over to the sales department.

Regards,
                Marcus

• Hi Marcus,

Your company purchased unit32z and unit12z back in 2013. 6 years (coming on 7) is just too long ago. Our upgrade policy is free if you purchased it within a year and 50% off if you purchased it within to 2 years. If you upgrade your dll, you're getting support for new hardware and all the bug fixes/improvements made since then. In addition, you will receive another year of free support and upgrades.

Can you update your account with your billing information? I'll ask our sales department to email you a quote.

Regards,
                  Johnny
                  PEmicro

• Hi Johnny,

I have updated my account information.

Please send me a quote. I'll give it to my sales department.

Regards,
                    Marcus

• Hi Johnny,

we need a quote for unit32z_dist and unit12z_dist.

Regards,
                      Marcus

• Hi Johnny,

- how do I activate the 2 licences?

- There is the multilink_universal_install.exe. Are these the new drivers for USB Multilinik XXX adapters and for all Windows versions?

Regards,
                        Marcus

• Marcus,

UNIT12Z and UNIT32Z does not require any license activation. multilink_universal_install.exe contains our latest firmware updater utility, drivers, and firmwares. The UNIT12Z and UNIT32Z installers should also have drivers and firmware.

Regards,
                          Johnny
                          PEmicro Support

• Hi Johnny,

thank you for your support. Our software is now running with your latest adapter USB Multilink Universal FX Rev C.

We are using multilink_universal_install.exe to install the required drivers.

Regards,
                            Marcus

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2019 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement