Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Arduino Due (Atmel SAM3X8E) and the MultiLink Universal
Paul M. Dec 13, 2017 at 04:47 PM (16:47 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I have a PE Micro MultiLink Universal that I have been using with the Motorola/Freescale/NXP HCS08 with associated assembler, programmer and debug software and it works pretty well. I am investigating a project that uses the Arduino Due which is an Atmel ARM-based board. The PE Micro website indicates that the MultiLink supports Atmel ARM-based processors such as the SAMXXX which is what the Aruino Due uses. I am wondering whether this debug interface can be used by the Arduino IDE and/or the Atmel Studio 7. I have downloaded the programming algorithms ZIP file for the MultiLink and created a sub-directory called C:\pemicro\PROGACMP which did not exist previously but the instructions for the download indicated that it should be placed here. Is "PROGACMP" a directory for a product that I don't have? What will I need to get my MultiLink Universal to work with the Arduino Due and the Arduino IDE? (I just installed version 1.8.5). I would also like to get it to work with Atmel's Studio 7. If all of this fails I will just purchase an Atmel-ICE but I would like to see if the MultiLink Universal will work with the Atmel hardware and the development tools I discussed above. 

Thanks

Comments

• Greetings,

We wish we could get our tools working in Atmel Studio 7. Unfortunately they went down the route of using Visual Studio for their IDE instead of Eclipse-based IDE like most other companies. Our free ARM GDB plugin works on most Eclipse-based IDE to be able to flash program and debug devices.

PROGACMP is a software you can purchase from our website to be able to flash program your SAMXXX device. Unfortuantely we do not have an evaluation or time-limited trial version of our PROGACMP software:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320138

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement