Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Error in ONCE status register during instruction execution
BJ R. Nov 15, 2017 at 12:32 AM (00:32 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello all,
    I'm using freescale MPC5602P on CW ver2.9 platform and using PE multilink univeral. I faced an issue when executing the step lwz r10,0(r9). After this instruction my complete memory filled with XX XX XX. The address r9 is a valid one 0x0003_FFF8 and my execution is stopped and showing "ERROR in ONCE status register during instruction execution". I added the Freescale_MPC5602P_1x32x64k_CFlash.PCP file for my MPC5602P. Still I'm facing the same problem. Kindly provide some help.

Thanks in advance,
    raju

Comments

• Greetings,

Error in ONCE indicates a communication issue, typically a bus error. This can happen if the data or address you are reading has an ECC error, or the code you executed caused an unhandled exception/fault.

Before executing this command, what happens if you change r9, using the register view, to a location in ram at address 0x4000_0000? Does it execute without Error in ONCE? If so, then we know that address 0x003_FFF8 is the issue and not an issue with the debugger, assembly code, or other factors. You may also want to try other valid addresses within Code Flash.

Takao Yamada

• Hi,
      Thanks for your valuable information. You are right. The earlier instruction ori operation, I performed, is actually not happening correctly, which I came to know after seeing the register window. And I'm seeing the address which doesn't exist. Once thanks for your response.

Regards,
      Raju

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement