Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
MPC5777C is not loading when power failed while erase time
. Nov 11, 2017 at 10:41 AM (10:41 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,
    I am using S33DS IDE v1.2 in windows for MPC5777C Controller with PE MICRO MULTILINK UNIVERSAL REVC Device,when I am working with my application while loading program the power is off after that the i am unable to program the controller. In console it is stopping at folloing message
    "Verifying object file CRC "
    Please suggest some solution.

Thanks&Regards,
    Naidu.

Comments

• Greetings,

How are you programming your device? Are you using flash program, or are you trying to debug a project?

What happens if you create a brand new project for MPC5777C and without any changes to code or settings you attempt to debug the project? Does it work?

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao Yamada,

Thank's for the quick response.

i am programming the flash for debug,i tried with new project with out any change but still it is not working.

i am thing erase phase is not initiating or it is gone in some secure mode.

please see following link for console log

https://community.nxp.com/thread/463873

Thanks&Regards,
      Naidu

• Greetings,

If you have a new silicon and attempt to erase without powering down, do you run into this issue? If not, then it could be that you damaged the chip by powering it off. In the console log, what is happening is the chip is not able to complete the CRC calculation of the flash, most likely due to an ECC bus error. So the calculation hangs and never completes.

Try using our trial 64K PROG PPCNEXUS software and see if you are able to connect and erase the chip. You will need a trial license, and you will need to use the MPC5777C CFLASH algorithm which is provided with the install:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=194

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao Yamada,
      This issue is not coming in one more board,with this board also initially there is no issue,once power is gone during erase then after this situation is coming.because of this my whole board is not useful.this situation may occur in other boards also.

Suppose chip is gone into flash ECC error state then also there is some provision to initiate whole flash erase so that chip may come from error state.

Do you have any GUI tool with which we can initiate individual erase,program options.

Thanks&Regards,
      Naidu.

• Greetings,

My previous reply I posted a link for a GUI tool for PROG PPCNEXUS.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao Yamada,

I am facing some error while installing the software suggested by you.

Actually my hardware is having only JTAG port for programming,is the tool suggested by you works for JTAG interface?

Thanks&Regards,
      Naidu.

• Greetings,

Yes, JTAG only in fact. Do you want to be more specific of how you are facing errors during installation?

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao Yamada,

Thank you so much for your valuable support,the tool is installed and i erased my device with progppcnexus application.Now it is working fine.

Thank you so much....

Thanks&Regards,
      Naidu.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement