Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Eclipse Oxygen.1 & Debug Plugin 3.2.4 Says Devies is Flash Protected
. Oct 31, 2017 at 12:17 PM (12:17 hours)
Staff: Zahar R.

• I'm using Eclipse Oxygen.1 on Win 7 x64 with the latest CDT (9.3.3) and the GNU ARM PEMicro Interface Debugging Support plugin (3.2.4) which was an update published 10/24/2017. MCU is MK22FX512A. When I go to program my device it indicates that the device is secure, even though it isn't. This prevents me from flashing my debugging code, although I can erase the micro. 

This setup worked before the 3.2.4 update (3.2.1 I believe) and I've verified the micro can be programmed using a different machine with a different version. I've tried rolling the plugin back to 3.2.1 but it seems the older plugin versions are removed with each new release.

Anyone else run into this issue?

Comments

• I should specify that this is with a USB Multilink Universal Rev B

• Hello, 

Can you please email your .s19 project file to zahar "dot" raskin "at" pemicro "dot" com?

To downgrade to an earlier plugin version, you have to first uninstall current P&E plugin, and then install the previous version.

I will try to track down the exact device that you are using to do a validation of this use case in our lab.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

• So I'm not sure if closing out of Eclipse and verifying all of the associated debug executables (PEMicro GDB server and GDB client) freed something up, but the same Eclipse/PEMicro plugin that was giving me issues the other day is now working. If I run into this issue again and find a way that it can be replicated, I'll make sure to revisit this thread and send you an .s19 to test.

Thanks for the quick response!

• Hi, glad that you got your setup up and running!

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

• Turns out that the debug configuration was still using the programming file for the NXP K22FN512 on the Freedom board. I had switched over to my custom board with an NXP K22FX512A, which is just different enough that it would would sometimes program and not other times, as the images I am debugging are going in the higher end of the internal flash regions. The K22FX512A actually has 640K of internal flash under certain configurations, whereas the K22FN512 only has 512K

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement