Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
USB-ML-UNIVERSAL Programmer for SPC560P(ST Make)
Vinay N. Sep 18, 2017 at 09:17 AM (09:17 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I have USB-ML-UNIVERSAL programmer, when i tried to program the SPC560P54L3 microcontroller.out file using "ICDPPCNEXUS" the following problems occurred
    1. Whether this programmer supports SPC560P54L3(ST Make)?
    2. When i connected the device, in microcontroller selection option it is not showing SPC560P series, instead i have selected the MPC560P series. Can i use this series instead of SPC as both architectures are same?
    3. When i kept Auto detect also it is not able to detect the SPC560P
    4. After programming in to board, it is working(LED blink). When i Power recycled the board it is not working, what could be the reason?

Thank You in advance..

Comments

• Greetings,

1) Depending on the version of the software, the option for ST make should show up.

2) Yes, you can use the MPC560P if wish to select the device instead of autodetect.

3) Not sure why autodetect is not working for you. But if you are able to select the MPC560P and get through fine, then you should go with that solution.

4) That is the point of using a debugger software! You need to find out why after programming you see problems. Connect to your device and let the fun begin! Things to look into is making sure the flash was properly programmed and that you did not accidentally run a RAM project (which would obviously be gone after power cycling). Check your bootup sequence; Remember that ICD runs a macro file that initializes the RAM and disables the watchdog. Does your project have the proper startup sequence to run your project?

Takao Yamada

• Thank u for the reply Takao Yamada.

1.I have downloaded the latest version of ICDPPCNEXUS from PE micro website, but my programmer is old one which i bought in 2012.

4. I have verified the flash using window in debugger with the S-record in .out file, both are matching. RAM initialization, watchdog disable functions are there but it seems there is some problem with startup sequence but i was not able trace it, is there any link with programmer for the above problem.

Do you have any idea on startup sequence of SPC560P54L3, if yes can you share any related documents.

• Greetings,

I am unsure which IDE you are using to generate your code, but possibly you can create a brand new project for your device and without making any code changes you should try compiling and programming it into your device. Use ICDPPCNEXUS to see if you are able to reach main. If you are, then you should use the startup code in the basic project to base your own project.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement