Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Revert to automatic selection firmware
Pete S. Sep 8, 2017 at 08:57 PM (20:57 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I have a multilink universal Rev C.  I used the firmware update to select RS08/S08 for the architecture to support, since I am wanting to program an HCS08.  However I cannot get CodeWarrior IDE version 5.9.0 to connect to the target. 

Connecting to the BDM lines with an analyzer doesn't show any activity when CW is trying to connect.

Do I need to revert to the automatic target selection version of the firmware for my multilink universal? Or is some other issue maybe causing my problem?

Comments

• Greetings,

Give this FAQ a read and see if this resolves your issue:
    http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=211&menu_id=faqs

Also make sure to be using the latest firmware for your device:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

Takao Yamada

• I am using CodeWarrior 10.7, and Universal Multilink Rev C.

I have used the firmware updater, to put usbmlfsufbdmens.0981 onto the multilink, successfully.

Still nothing on the BDM lines.

• Greetings,

You said you were using Codewarrior IDE version 5.9.0, which is a classic codewarrior. This is why I sent you to my FAQ.

Try updating your Codewarrior and see if there are any P&E related changes required. We typically have updates a couple times a year and it is possible you have an older version of our releases.

Do you see both blue and yellow LED lit on your multilink?

Takao Yamada

• Sorry, I have been trying both.  Getting 5.9.0 working would be ideal, as I am working with someone else who is using classic codewarrior.

I see a blue light on the multilink. And if I provide power to the target board (3v), then the yellow LED lights up.

Both versions of codewarrior are the latest installs as of last week.

• Greetings,

See if you can get it working in the classic Codewarrior using my patch and see if that works. If it also does not work, then there could be something wrong with your hardware.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement