Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Problem programming multiple devices if one fails
Chris P. Apr 24, 2017 at 09:12 AM (09:12 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am using a Multilink USB_ML-UNIVERSAL-FX REV B to program multiple devices in a panel using BDM. The RESET and BCKGND pins are switched to a single device at a time through analog mutiplexors. 

If I have a fresh panel of 12 devices, with all 12 present, I can program them perfectly happily. However, lets say I have one missing, but I accidentally try and program it: In this case I get the expected "target MCU is not responding" and ulimately error 34 : "Cannot enter background mode" error.

My problem is, that once I have had this error, even when I reconnect to a device that exists (including one that I have previously programmed on the panel), this error persists. Powering off the panel doesnt fix it, so it doesnt appear to be a device issue. I have to pull the USB lead out of the programmer in order to be able to program ANY subsequent device.

This happens whether I power the device from the programmer (JP10), or remotely.

Can anybody help me to explain the persistent error and/or enable me to reset the programmer remotely?

Comments

• For clarity:
      I am using CPROGHCS08 invoked from a DOS batch file which itself is invoked from a windows(7) app.

• If possible can you provide the logs for the failing case?

• Greetings,

Has this issue been resolved?

Takao Yamada

• Still struggling, but it appears to be a hardware issue... I am only sub contracted to write the s/w. Workaround seems to be multiple reset re-tries .. I have queried the thirdparty hardware manufacturer. I suspect an incorrect reset configuration with marginal values

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement