Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Mutlilink Universal Rev D - not working in Linux
. Apr 18, 2017 at 12:54 PM (12:54 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I'm trying to use pegdbserver_console in Linux with a Multilink Universal Rev D.  It works fine in Windows but fails loading an NXP K6x image to flash in Linux. 

After issuing the "load" command from an active GDB session, the last few messages from the pegdbserver_console are:

"
    CMD>PM

Programming.
    Processing Object File Data ...

Programmed.
    Error communicating to target processor - try a RESET.

CMD>VC
    Error loading CRC-16 algorithm.

Error loading CRC-16 Algorithm.
    Error verifying flash of device

Error occured during Flash programming.
    "

Then it seems to get stuck and I interrupt (Ctrl+C) to exit.

I am running version 2.9.3 of the plugin utilities from here:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=412

As stated above, the pegdbserver_console.exe for win32 works fine. The Linux one does not (fails with the above messages).

Comments

• Do you know if the flash gets programmed unusually fast for the Linux case? That is, does the "programming" phase complete much faster in Linux than in Windows?

• Yes, that seems to be the case.

I did notice that unplugging the pod and re-connecting sometimes makes it work successfully. Also, judiciously powering off/on the target between programming attempts helps. Maybe those are necessary steps?

• There's an option to do a "full chip erase" can you check that box and let me know how that goes?

• Greetings,

Has this issue been resolved?

Takao Yamada

• Yes, we resolved this.  It ended up being an issue with USB 2.0 support.  It was defaulting to USB 1.x and installing updated drivers to get 2.0 enabled the pod to work properly.  I guess the older pods (Rev C and prior) worked okay with USB 1.1, but the Rev D does not.

BTW we are using scripts to program, so there is no "checkbox" for full chip erase per Gerardo's comment.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement