Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
M68331 unable to connect ML16/32 in codewarrior
Ivan S. Mar 21, 2017 at 02:53 PM (14:53 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Hello. Recently i`m tried to debug my old m68331 board in Codewarrior 3.2 and found that my multilink 16/32 not visible in debugger window.
    I`m working in windows XP

Comments

• Hi Ivan,

As far as I am aware, the classic Codewarrior for 683XX never supported any of our USB Multilinks. You can use the parallel port Cable 16/32 but that has been discontinued. You might still be able to find it online somewhere. Is your microcontroller running at 3.3V or 5V?

Regards,
      Johnny
      PEmicro Engineering Support

• Hi.
    mc83331 running at 5v

I`m tried to find paralell port cable, there are no parallel cable offers.

is it possible to patch classic CW for 68k?
    Or install some wrapper from parallel to USB?

• You might be able to find some used Cable16/32 5V online. There is no patch or parallel to USB wrapper for Codewarrior. The 68K architecture is legacy and I don't think NXP is going to spend the resources to update their IDE for our USB hardware.

• What software supports USB multilink 16/32?
        I`m remember that old progz32cf supports it but i`m unable to find my old progz32cf version 2.
        I will send to pm details.

• Ivan,

We have a incircuit debugger for the 683XX called ICD32Z. The debugging format used for ELF object files is DWARF 2.0 or newer. If you send us your ELF file, we can check if it is compatible. Since you can't attach files on this forum, you will need to open up a support ticket here:

https://www.pemicro.com/SRS/main_screen_user.cfm

If you want to just do flash programming, we have a software called PROG32Z.

Regards,
    Johnny
    PEmicro

• Thanks. Already started support request.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement