Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
"Device is secure. Erase to ensecure?".
. Mar 6, 2017 at 07:29 AM (07:29 hours)
Staff: Kevin M.

• Hi,

I would like to programm a MK20DX64VLH7 microcontroller that I have in a board with , but I haven´t been able to download the new firmware. Before that I´ve just download a previous firmware succesfully but later I haven´t managed to programm it. In the monitor it appears the next message: "Device is secure. Erase to ensecure?". I repetedly choose "Yes" but without any success, until the next message appears: "Launching LED Debug (4) has encountered a problema. Error in services launch sequence". In details appears written: "Error in services launch sequence Timed out trying to launch GDB Server."

I use KDS application, and "Debug Configuration" Option and GDB PEMicro with "Multilink Universal" programmer.

I think is one problema with the secure configuration of microcontroller.

How can I erase the flash memory to reprogramm again?

Thanks previouslly for your answer.

your sincerelly,

Arturo Arteaga

Comments

• Arturo,

Did you check a box to secure the part?

Did you program address 0x40C?

• Hi Kevin,

Firstly thanks for your reply.

I didn´t program this address because I´ve only done the tutorial from Processor Expert, but I don´t know if this application program this address (0x40C)by default when I choose "Generate Processor Expert Code".

Anyway I tell you that it appears in this this address in my application:

NV_SEC (Address: 0x40C):

Init. value. 7E
      After reset. FF

whose bits are:

KEYEN bits:
      Init. value. 01
      After reset. 11

MEEN bits:
      Init. value. 11
      After reset. 11

FSLACC bits:
      Init. value. 11
      After reset. 11

SEC bits:
      Init. value. 10
      After reset. 11

I don´t know how I can access to these registers by the "Processor Expert Application".

I would like to know how I could erase the firmware loaded in the MK20DX64VLH7 microcontroller to be able to reprogram it, as well as reprogramming in unsecure mode in order not to have this problems again. Or to program a firmware erasing the firmware loaded before. Do you know if there are any application to manage this. I have used "pe_gdb_server" and "multilink_universal" applications begore but without any success.

I will continue researching.

Thanks a lot again,

Arturo

• Hi again Kevin,

I've forgotten to tell you before that I didn´t check a box to secure. Moreover the security boxes from the flash are disable by default and Protection regions are unprotected in the "Processor Expert Application" in KDS.

According to this there shouldn´t be any problem with accesses related to security.

Thank you very much,

Arturo Arteaga

• Arturo,

If your fsec byte is FF then you device is secure. However, mass erase is not disabled you should be able to unsecure.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement