Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
CDC Serial port not working on KL25Z with MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v118.sda
Nick S. Feb 6, 2017 at 06:01 PM (18:01 hours)
Staff: Zahar R.

• I have a FRDM-KL25Z connected to a PC running windows 7 x64 SP1 through a USB cable to the SDA port.

Board Name is: FRDM-KL25Z
    MicroBoot Kernel Version is: 1.01
    Bootloader Version is: 1.11
    Installed Application: PEMicro FRDM-KL25Z Mass Storage/Debug App
    Application Version is: 1.18

With this configuration I can see and open the OpenSDA CDC serial port within TeraTerm and I can confirm that I can send characters to the board, but I never get any characters back to the terminal application. All the rest of the functionality seems fine.

Examining the USB packet activity I see the device enumerate and poll the serial port (endpoints 3 and 5) for about 6 seconds. Then the USB sends out a reset and re-enumerates, but after the second enumeration it no longer polls the serial port endpoints 3 and 5, but outgoing characters are still sent on endpoint 4.

If I replace the SDA firmware with DEBUG-APP_Pemicro_v108.SDA then the serial port works fine (but I lose the MSD).

Most of the computers work fine with the MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v118 application firmware, but one or two do not. I have seen other references to this problem (in the comments at the bottom of this article https://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/10/12/fixing-the-usb-drivers/ ) but I have not seen any solution.

Has anyone resolved this issue ?

Comments

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement