Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
FRGM-KL46Z no MBED flash drive
John W. Jan 23, 2017 at 06:01 PM (18:01 hours)
Staff: Zahar R.

• Hi, I have been developing an application on a FRGM-KL46Z. Now the MBED flash drive has gone and will not come back. I can get into the BOOTLOADER flash drive in the usual way and the SDA_INFO.HTM indicates I have:
    Board Name is: FRDM-KL46Z48M
    MicroBoot Kernel Version is: 1.05
    Bootloader Version is: 1.09
    Application Version is: 0.00
    and no application name.
    Following the instructions for upgrading the bootloader I copied the BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.sda onto the bootloader but disconnecting the usb and reconnecting the usb does not seem to update the bootloader even after waiting a long time. Similarly trying to install MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL46Z48M_Pemicro_vvvv.sda for v114 and v118 does exactly the same thing. No change reporte in the SDA_INFO.HTM on the BOOTLOADER.
    What do next?

JohnW

Comments

• Hi John, 

What operating system are you working under? According to Bootloader version, you are running an older Bootloader which does not work under Windows 8 and 10.

In order to properly update the Bootloader using BOOTUPDATEAPP, you would need to do it on a PC running Windows XP or Windows 7.

Once the update takes place, you would have to start up the board in Bootloader mode again and drop the latest MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL46Z48M_Pemicro_v118.SDA firmware in it.

The latest OpenSDA firmware collection can be downloaded from our webpage at:

www.pemicro.com/OpenSDA.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

• Hi,

Sadly it's Windows 10. I found the default drivers totally un-usable so installed the PEDrivers v12.4 and all seemed to work except when the drive disappears when I reset or power down/up the FRGM-KL46Z is blows away the instance of explorer that was previously used to copy files to MBED or BOOTLOADER. I will try on a Windows-XP machine.

Thanks

John W.

• Hi Robert, 

After doing a Bootloader update under Windows XP/7, and dropping the latest application into the board you should have no problem using it under Windows 10 with the latest P&E drivers.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

• Hi,
    Installed the bootloader v1.11 and openSDA v1.18 using a Windows XP system and it worked. Now back on Windows 10 with the up to date drivers and back to developing application.

Thanks very much.
    John W.

• Hi John, 

Thank you for the update. Very happy you got your setup up and running!

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement