Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Multilink Universal FX not working with CF Flasher
Andrew D. Nov 29, 2016 at 09:28 AM (09:28 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• I have recently purchased a Multilink Universal FX.  We already have a USB-ML-CFE which works fine.  I have been trying to get the FX to work with CF flasher.  I have already done the following:
    - Update the firmware in the FX for Coldfire V2/3/4
    - Update the driver to 12.2.0.0
    - Installed the P&E Coldfire V2/3/4 interface DLL (unit_cfz.dll) in the same folder as CF Flasher.

I am using Port D on the FX
    The troubleshooting section of the Technical Summary says that Pins 2, 4 and 8 should be driven low, but I am seeing that:
    - Pin 2 is high all the time
    - Pin 4 is high on power up but is driven low when I try to read memory using CF Flasher.
    - Pin 8 is low all the time.
    Also Pin 7 (Reset) is pulsed low for 20ms every time I try to read memory.

When I try to read memory CF Flasher says "Could not force processor into background mode". This message is also displayed when I try to Erase or Program the device. The device is M5213EVB.

PST3 is high (which is correct). PST0, PST1 and PST2 are low (they should be high according to the trouble shooting guide).

It looks like the problem is Pin2 (BKGD) is high, does anyone know why this is happening?

Comments

• Hi Andrew,

- Update the firmware in the FX for Coldfire V2/3/4
      - Update the driver to 12.2.0.0
      - Installed the P&E Coldfire V2/3/4 interface DLL (unit_cfz.dll) in the same folder as CF Flasher.

You updated the correct files so it should work. Would it be possible to remote into your PC so I can doublecheck everything?

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E Engineering Support

• Hi Johnny
        I will have to ask for permission for you to remotely access my PC. How do you do this, do I need to login to a website?

I am in the UK so I think we are 6 hours ahead of you.

Regards
        Andrew

• I just posted a file called CFFlasher.zip to your account. Please copy the 5 files inside the zip to the location of the default unit_cfz.dll file in the CFFlasher folder.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement