Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Windows cannot verify the digital signature of WinDriver
Joseph C. Sep 19, 2016 at 08:25 PM (20:25 hours)
Staff: Kevin M.

• Hello,

I'm using Windows 10, and my Multilink driver is not working. When I open my device manager, it shows error code 52 on WinDriver which mean Windows cannot verify the digital signature. I have tried to uninstall PEMicro driver and reinstall it, but it makes no difference. The only way to run PEMicro driver is to reboot the system with disabling signature verification. How can I fix the problem?

Comments

• Joseph,

We are currently working on a solution to this issue.

As a temporary solution, you can try turning secure boot of on your PC.

Best,

Kevin

• Thank you Kevin,

Yes. The current workaround is disable secure boot from BIOS.

Kind Regards,
      Joseph

• Hello,

I am facing exactly the same problem. I am using a new Dell PC with Windows10 Pro installed. I have installed the latest Multilink universal drivers downloaded from the website, and i am getting this device info status on both USB Multilink 2.0 and WinDriver:

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

Is there any solution or do i have to to follow the workaround you have suggested?

Thanks in advance and Happy new Year!

• Illias,

The newest drivers should resolve this issue, just want to confirm you downloaded 12.7?

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=53

Also, what version of Windows 10? There is a chance that the newest version of Windows 10 has changed the driver model somehow.

To be clear you need to uninstall the Windriver entry in device manager.

Only pemicrowindrvr and USB Multilink 2.0 should be in device manager.

Best,

Kevin

• Dear Kevin,

Thanks for your quick reply.

By installing the drivers from your link, everything seems to work now. I don't need to disable the secure boot on BIOS.

I also uninstall the winDriver entry in device Manager.
      Now only pemicrowindrvr and USB Multilink 2.0 exist in device manager.

Thanks very much!

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement