Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Failure using MultiLink Universal FX with IAR Workbench
Stephen D. Aug 31, 2016 at 09:37 AM (09:37 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Switching from the "green" multilink to the "black" multilink, I receive the failure "Flash Erase Failed. Result = $8882 Firmware update failed".  We are using IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM version 6.60.1.5104. Target processor is a Freescale K61.  Note that the "green" version of multilink works ok.

Thanks for your help.

Stephen

Comments

• Greetings,

Sounds like you did not install the multilink resource CD that came with the black multilink. Here is a download if you misplaced it:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

This updated version of the firmware updater utility works with your new multilink and will resolve the firmware issue you are facing. What is happening is the IAR software is trying to update your multilink with a firmware that is not compatible anymore. The green multilink is an older generation that worked just fine.

Let me know if that resolved your problem.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

Thanks for the quick reply. We did run the install from the CD. It uninstalled the old software and installed the new FX software. I ran the one you pointed me to, in case it was a later version. I am still having a problem. When I try to download a program via the IAR workbench, I get the following message:
    Interface hardware detected with old firmware.
    Updating... (Please Wait)
    Original Firmware:
    Current Firmware:
    Update Firmware: 6.08
    Booting Multilink to original firmware (please wait)...

Then I get a success message
    Then I get a message with a red background, but it appears and disappears very quickly and I cannot read it.
    Then I get the following message:
    Flash Erase Failed. Result = $8882 Firmware update failed. Retry?

Thanks,

Stephen

• Hi Takao,

One more additional detail.... after the error message, I get the dialog to try to connect to the K61... I select the button to abort the attempt and I get the following:

Fatal error: Failed to initialize PEMicro interface DLL.
    Session aborted!

Stephen

• Greetings,

Okay, it sounds like IAR needs updated files to get this working. You need to install the latest from IAR and it should resolve the issue.

The fatal error does align to what I believe is a DLL version and hardware incompatibility issue.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks Takao... We will check with IAR.

Stephen

• Greetings,

Any update on this? Were you able to get updates from IAR?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement