Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
USB Multilink Interface RevC
Michael W. Jul 1, 2016 at 12:44 PM (12:44 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Hello, I am trying to use the USB Multilink Interface revC to program a HCS08, but every time I try to do so, I get this error:

Notice - Cyclone Pro/Max USB driver did not initialize. (20000021)
    - Library=WDAPI900.DLL
    Device is 9S08AC60.

I have tried downloading the various patches but continue to get this error. I am using windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi Michael,

Support for the USB-ML-12 Rev C on Windows 10 x64requires PROGHCS08 Version 5.74.00.00. Please refer to our version release notes at
      http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=27

- What version are you currently using?

- When did your company purchase your software? Do you have the P&E invoice number?

-Johnny
      P&E

• Hi Johnny,

I am not sure, because we have just transferred over to a new computer. I currently only have Freescale warrior and some random P&E drivers I found on the site while self troubleshooting installed. Most likely the software was purchased by my company around 2011. Is it possible to transfer the program from one computer to another?

Best,
        Michael

• Hi Michael,

If you are using Codewarrior classic, you probably need to install our Windows 7/10 patch for HCS08/RS08/CFV1. This will update the Codewarrior run control libraries so it can talk to the P&E drivers.

http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=211

Please note that you must be using Codewarrior Classic 6.3

Regards,
          Johnny
          P&E

• Hi, I have already installed the patch and the version 12 drivers. When I plug the multilink in, both the blue and yellow LEDs light up, but the computer either cannot detect the multilink at all, or I get an error that says "USB device not recognized."

Best,

Michael

• I am also using processor expert in code warrior, would that have anything to do with the issue?

• Hi Michael,

Can I remotely access your computer to troubleshoot this driver issue?

-Johnny
                P&E Technical Support

• I'd prefer not, unless there is no other clear troubleshooting options you can walk me through.

• Michael,

In that case, please install just the Drivers Version 12 on a different PC and then plug in the Multilink and see if Windows detects it.

In device Manager you should see the following:
                    Jungo -> WinDriver
                    Jungo -> USB Multilink 2.0

I want to see if this multilink works on other PCs or if it may have a hardware fault.

-Johnny

• Hi, I see both things in the device manager when I plug the Multilink into this computer as well as another one.

• Do you see "USB device not recognized" on the other computer as well?

• No, I do not see that error on the other device. I am currently installing Code Warrior onto the secondary device to see if I can get it to work with that one.

• If you install classic Codewarrior, make sure that the old drivers don't overwrite the current ones. If the Codewarrior installer prompts you about the P&E drivers, just cancel the driver installation portion.

• The other computer is able to detect the multilink, so I think there may have been an issue with my code warrior installation on the primary computer. Occasionally I get error 45 when trying to erase and program the board, however, for the most part it works. Thanks

• Sounds good. Please try a fresh install on the primary computer and let us know if that resolves the issue.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement