Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Can't Start Debug Session through USB Multilink Universal
. Apr 4, 2016 at 08:46 AM (08:46 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• When I start debug mode in NXP S32 Design Studio with USB Multilink Universal, I got message popped up, "Reset scriptfile may have caused loss of communications. Disable reset scriptfile? Yes or No", then "The target may have entered reset escalation. Please power cycle the board.", then on console an error shown up, "error in ONCE status register occurred during instruction executes."

I don't what's going on. I think I have updated the driver and firmware. The both LEDs on the multilink tool are illuminated when connected to target and PC.

Do you have any idea for the errors?

Comments

• Greetings,

1) Please mention which chip you are trying to program/debug. Try creating a new project for your device and without making any changes to code or configuration try to debug the project.

2) Have you ever got your chip/board working in the past, or is this your first attempt?

3) Do you have any unique setup, like custom ribbon cables, adapters, external watchdog, system bus chip, or other hardware between the multilink and the chip?

Takao Yamada

• We are working on Panther MPC5744p. This is the first attempt. I just installed the utility from CD and tried to update the firmware successfully.The HW connection looks good and both LEDs are ON all the time. 

Yes, I created a new default project in S32 Design Studio without any change even the debugger configuration.

I have the HW team checked the signals on JTAG. They have an external watchdog connected to Panther, which generates RESET signal to Panther.

So, as you mentioned, it's the root cause. HW team informed that they fixed the issue. Now actually the debug session created and we're able to debug code.

Anyway, thank you very much!

• Greetings,

Great! I am glad that was a quick fix. Good luck on your project.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement