Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
a error dialog comes out when I connect mc9s08dz60 through u-multilink
baode w. Mar 28, 2016 at 10:47 PM (22:47 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• hi everyone,
    I'm working based on mc9s08dz60.when i connect the chip through u-multilink.
    a dialog comes out.
    the connect is as follow:
    "The Target MCU is not responding. Please turn MCU power off (under 0.1v), turn MCU power on and then click OK".

I do it and it can work. but I have two question,please help me.

1,which reason does lead to it?
    2,how to avoid it?

Comments

• Greetings,

This warning happens because your chip is blank and fresh. If you connect to your chip again you will not see this problem. When the chip is fresh, there is no code in the flash so when you turn on your chip it is running no code. Therefore it sits in reset forever. For the P&E hardware interface to talk to the chip, it must be able to release the chip from reset to enter debug mode.

To do this, when the warning shows up, the P&E interface is holding reset down. When you power cycle the board the P&E interface is holding reset and the chip is not able to run any of its code in flash. This gives the P&E interface control over the chip and allow it to enter debug mode. Once you program code into the chip it has something to run and no longer is sitting in reset.

To avoid this problem, you need a hardware interface that can control power. A hardware like the cyclone pro or cyclone universal can provide power to target. When you connect to the chip, the cyclone will hold reset and power up the board to prevent code from running. This allows it to immediately enter debug mode without you needing to manually power cycle the board.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement