Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Universal multilink FX firmware upgrade
Andres V. Mar 15, 2016 at 09:57 AM (09:57 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I have bought PROGPPCZ and PROG12Z softwares. Each time I call PROGPPCZ to  connect with the ULINK-FX, it states that it has an old firmware, it upgrades and then it connects without any issue.  Then if I use PROG12Z, the same above sequence occurs. In other words, each time I use PROG12Z or PROGPPCZ with ULINK-FX in an alternate fashion, a firmware upgrade takes place. I think that this behaviour should not be normal since once the debug probe has the newest firmware, it should not require any further upgrade and so would directly connect with both PROG softwares. I wait for your comments. Thanks

Comments

• Greetings,

Actually what you are seeing is perfect. Within the multilink, it can only hold one firmware and it is chip architecture specific. So when you switch between chip architectures, it must firmware update.

If you use our cyclone hardware, you will not need to firmware upgrade because it has more internal space to hold all of the chip architecture support. I suggest looking into the cyclone universal or cyclone universal FX.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement