Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
P&E GDB Server for Kinetis compatibility
. Mar 8, 2016 at 09:18 AM (09:18 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,
    I'm trying to use the GDB Eclipse plugin version 2.08 on Eclipse Mars; the installation procedure seems to be ok and also the communication with the debugger is ok, but something goes wrong when I try to launch the debug session.
    First of all I'd like to know wich Eclipse version is suitable for the GDB Server plugin.

Regards, Flavio.

Comments

• Greetings,

Our ARM GDB server does work on Eclipse. But note that this is just the server and you do need to get a ARM GDB client onto your Eclipse for this to work. The server is only there to communicate between the P&E hardware to the chip, but without the client nothing is communicating between the server to the Eclipse environment.

There are open source ARM GDB clients you can find online. This is mostly a DIY project and we do not have a "How-To" on getting this to work. We suggest users to use Kinetis Design Studios or S32 ARM IDE from NXP/Freescale if you wish to use an Eclipse environment.

Takao Yamada

• Hello Takao-san,
      thank you for your answer. I already know how the Eclipse debug toolchain works, by the way, I installed the Kinetis plugin over an Eclipse already tested with OpenOCD.
      I discovered the reason of the failure; was because the Kinetis GDB plugins was looking for the arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe file. The Kinetis gdb plugin want that file in the "/toolchain/bin/ " path located at the same Eclipse installation level.
      So I created that path and now I'm able to debug.
      My test is done using Eclipse Mars.1 Release (4.5.1) Windows version.

Best regards, Flavio.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement