Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Programming with Multilink, similar to Cyclone utility
Jeremy M. Feb 25, 2016 at 08:22 AM (08:22 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Is there software that can be used to program a target with the Multilink Universal?  I'm using a very old compiler for a legacy product, so it has no direct support for a programmer.  I simply have .s19 files that I can program with the Cyclone Pro utility, but want to use the Multilink for programming and debugging at my desk.

Comments

• Greetings,

We have plenty of software, but you have not told us yet which chip you are trying to program. Depending on that information I can point you in the right direction.

Takao Yamada

• Oops, this is for an HC12.

• Greetings,

What you need is our PROG12Z software for flash programming, and ICD12Z for debugging. However, note that S19 file will not be very useful in debugging. That only has the binary and no information of C source code. You need a MAP file with your S19 file, or you need the ELF file which has all the information.

PROG12Z:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=49

ICD12Z:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=2

Takao Yamada

• I already have ICD12Z and that works fine.  But yikes, PROG12Z is nearly as much as the Multilink itself.

• Greetings,

Is the software too expensive because you a student or class instructor? If so please let me know, as we have educator discounts.

It is not the software that is expensive, but the multilink universal hardware is purposely cheap so that customers that use software like Codewarrior can have a cheap and easy solution. It is our intro hardware.

Takao Yamada

• No, this is for a company.  I can buy the programming utility, although I might find another way.  I just assumed programming was included.  Debugging seems like something that should be extra, but programming seems really basic.

• Greetings,

We separated hardware and software purchases so that users who use software like Codewarrior would not have to purchase software that they may never use. They may only use it for debugging. Some use it only for programming. So almost everything we sell is a la carte.

Our prices are competitive and I think you will be very happy with purchasing our hardware and software solutions. With free and fast technical support, it is really hard to beat. If you end up using another solution, then I wish you good luck on you project and maybe someday in the future you will look into using our products.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement