Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Error 14 on USB-Universal-FX Rev B, No Error on USB-Universal Rev C, Command Line Script
Gary H. Feb 12, 2016 at 01:07 PM (13:07 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am trying to clone a system so my lab and my my Contract Manufacturer use identical scripts for command line programming of Freescale Kinetis parts.

I just bought a new USB-Universal, Rev C (PEMCA2BBB) [Kinetis Configuration]
    I am also using a USB-Universal-FX, Rev A (PE5750251) [Kinetis Configuration]
    I have updated the PE firmware on both devices and bought new licenses for PROGACMP for each system.

I run the identical script to program a K10DN64M5. The programming works with the USB-Universal Rev C but errors out on the USB-Universal-FX Rev A.

The log shows error:
    REM>:DEVICE Freescale_K1x_K10DN64M5
    CMD>RE
    Initializing. -Target has been RESET and is active.
    CMD>CM C:\pemicro\PROGACMP\SupportFiles_ARM\Freescale\K1x\freescale_k10dn64m5_1x32x16k_pflash.arp
    Initializing. - Frequency ~ 20981449
    (Recommended TRIM=$0081,FTRIM=0) -Initialized.
    ;version 1.05, 06/02/2014, Copyright 2014 P&E Microcomputer Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. www.pemicro.com [mk_64k_n_pflash0_pflash1_p0]
    ;device freescale, k10dn64m5, 1x32x16k, desc=pflash
    ;begin_cs device=$00000000, length=$00010000, ram=$20000000
    Loading programming algorithm ... Error loading .ARP file : C:\pemicro\PROGACMP\SupportFiles_ARM\Freescale\K1x\freescale_k10dn64m5_1x32x16k_pflash.arp at address 20000000
    Error 14 during script

This same sequence works when manually entered using the windows version PROGACMP. The same sctipt is error free when using the USB-Universal Rev C.

It may not be significant, but the logfile truncated the error line to:
    Loading programming algorithm ... Error loading .ARP file : C:\pemicro\PROGACMP\SupportFiles_ARM\Freescale\K1x\freescale_k
    but the full string is on the CPROGACMP window.

Comments

• Greetings,

When using the PROG software, take a note of the debug shift frequency you are using (ex. Option 5). The main difference between the regular multilink universal and the FX is that the FX is much faster. It may have issues if you are using a speed that is too fast.

Check the BDM_Speed parameter and try changing this in your CPROG script in the batch file or in the command line entry itself. (Ex. BDM_SPEED 5)

Takao Yamada

• A solution on the first try.....

That was it.

Thank you

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement