Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Error 18 during script!
Davide A. Feb 4, 2016 at 06:36 AM (06:36 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Good morning,

I'm trying to program an HCS08 processor with the Multilink Universal FX. I'm using the command line version software CPROGHCS08 but an error appears when I use the PM (program module) command. I don't know what the cause could be.

I attach the log file that the programmer generates. In this way the fix of this problem could be easier.

Thank you in advance.

P&E Interface detected - Flash Version 9.35
    CMD>RE ;Reset the MCU
    Initializing. -Target has been RESET and is active.
    CMD>CM C:\PEMicro\PROGHCS08\Algorithms\9S08AW16.S8P ;Choose the Algorithm/FlashModule
    Initializing. -(Recommended Trim = $89) -(Bus Freq = 15548KHz) -Initialized.
    ;version 1.05, 08/29/2013, Copyright P&E Microcomputer Systems, www.pemicro.com [9S08AW16]
    ;device Freescale, 9S08AW16, All
    ;begin_cs
    Loading programming algorithm ... Done.(FCDIV=$CA)
    CMD>EM ;Erase the module
    Erasing. -Module has been erased.
    CMD>SS C:\Electroil\Programming_Station\Firmware\IMMP1_1W-AW16\IMMP1_1_AW16.abs.s19 ;Specify the S19 to use
    CMD>PM ;Program module
    Checking range of S records. -Checked.
    Programming and Verifying. Address $ Processing Object File Data ... 0C0000C1000C2000C3000C4000C5000C6000C7000C8000C900Error during programming.
    ERROR 18 during script!

Comments

• Greetings,

Did this work in the past, or is this your first attempt?

The main reason most people see this problem is that they are programming the same address twice. You should look at address $0C900, which is where it last stopped.

Instead of trying to automate the flash programming and debugging a script, you should try using the PROG software instead of CPROG. PROG will allow you to run the commands one by one and help you debug the problem. You can use commands like "Show MOdule" to look at the memory and see why you are getting errors.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

• Good morning,

yes the programmer was working in the past with another firmware.

Now I changed it and the problem appeared. I made the new FW with Codewarrior 6.3 version, is it a problem?

Unfortunately nothing change using the PROG software. Different errors appear (I write them below)

The first one

"Error during programming.
    Checking range of S records. Checked.
    Programming and Verifying Address $0C000. Error during programming. Warning a RESET has occurred."

The second

"Checking range of S records. Checked.
    Programming and Verifying Address $0C000. Error during programming. Warning a RESET has occurred."

The last one (I tried to erase the memory)

"Erasing. Module could not be erased.
    Checking range of S records. Checked.

The micro seems to be locked. It doesn't answer to any input. How is it possible?

Is it possible that the cause of the problem could be represented by the Trim value and the Bus Frequency?

When I use the PROG software, in the "Configuration" window the following fields are filled with this value:

Desired Trim Frequency= 243000 Hz

Calculated Trim Value= $96

But when I use the command line software CPROG I have the following fields:

Bus Freq= 15548 KHz

Recommended Trim = $89

Are there fixed values?

Thank you in advance

• Greetings,

Thank you for the detailed information. When you open PROG software and connect to your device and load the algorithm of choice, if you try to erase module immediately does it work?

The reason the chip seems locked is that after you get an error, the chip has somehow RESET. Which means the algorithm you were prompted to select has been erased. The algorithm sits in the RAM of the chip and if it resets then any commands you send will not execute. You need to use the "reset chip" command and reload the algorithm again.

The odd thing is that address $0C000 is nothing unique. Could you create a ticket under Support page -> Support requests and I will look for it. I want to send you my test binary file I use to test all of the algorithms and program the whole entire flash. If my test passes on your end, then we know the problem is your binary file. You can also send that to me so I can confirm the issue is your binary file.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

• Good morning Takao,

I apologize for the great delay in my answer, but this delay does not depend on me. I'm only the middle-person between you and my customer. My customer had the problem.

Now I have the firmware that causes the error.

I create the ticket and I send you it.

Thank you for your support.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement