Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Where is FRDM-KL46 OpenSDA image?
David C B. Jan 15, 2016 at 09:36 AM (09:36 hours)
Staff: Zahar R.

• I downloaded Pemicro_OpenSDA_Debug_MSD_Update_Apps_2016_01_11.zip, but on opening it I am unable to find the FRDM-KL46. There is an image for the TWR version, but that is quite different. I need this to load on a Mac and Windows environments.

Comments

• Hi David, 

Our apologies for the confusion. We updated our online archive to include combined MSD/DEBUG/CDC firmware for FRDM-KL46 board. It is compatible with Windows. On MAC, it is able to support MSD and CDC based virtual serial port functionality.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

• Yes, but which SDA file is it? I only see:

MSD-DEBUG-XTWR-KL46Z48M_Pemicro_v114.SDA

This is clearly for the Tower board. There are other files for the other FRDM boards:

MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-K20D50M_Pemicro_v118.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-K22F_Pemicro_v114.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-K64F_Pemicro_v114.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-K82F-QSPI_Pemicro_v118.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-K82F_Pemicro_v118.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KE02Z_Pemicro_v118.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KE04Z_Pemicro_v118.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KE06Z_Pemicro_v118.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL02Z_Pemicro_v118.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL03Z_Pemicro_v118.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL05Z_Pemicro_v118.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL15Z_Pemicro_v118.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v118.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL26Z_Pemicro_v118.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL27Z_Pemicro_v118.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL33Z_Pemicro_v118.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL43Z48M_Pemicro_v118.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDMP-KEAZ64Q64_Pemicro_v118.SDA
      MSD-DEBUG-FRDMP-KEAZN32Q64_Pemicro_v118.SDA

But nothing with a KL46 :-(

• Hi David, 

Please download updated archive from www.pemicro.com/OpenSDA.

There, you will need to use MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL46Z48M_Pemicro_v114.SDA OpenSDA firmware.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

• Interesting since the downloaded file named Pemicro_OpenSDA_Debug_MSD_Update_Apps_2016_01_11.zip and is identical to the same file I downloaded earlier today except for the addition of this new file. Thanks!

Now I am struggling with OS X El Capitan's treatment of USB and VMWare. At least I can get it to work on the PC.

• Hi David, 

Glad you got your FRDM-KL46z board up and running on PC. What exactly are you trying to do on the Mac? While we provide Debug Run Control/MSD/CDC support on PC and Linux, our Mac OS OpenSDA support is limited to MSD (mass storage device) and CDC functionality.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

• I and others at my place of work use Macs for development. It would be ideal to have debug available on the Mac. Then we wouldn't need to have a floating PC for debug and more of us could do debug at the same time.

• Hi David, 

That is understandable and our development team is looking into potentially adding run control Mac support later this year. We do not, however, have any solid commitment dates at this point. I will keep you in the loop in case more details about Mac support planning evolve.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement