Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Error: Error in ONCE status register during instruction execution
eb m. Nov 27, 2015 at 03:56 AM (03:56 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,
    i get the topic error when i want to run my MPC5604B with Multilink Universal USB-ML-Universal Rev.C

I don´t know wherefrom the error occurs. With another debugger (Lauterbach) everything works fine.

I use the "Program binary image into Flash using the default Algorithm for Selected Device: MPC5604B/C" when doing High Level Load.
    The reset Macro is the "mpc5600_z0h_vle.mac" where i did no changes.
    Also there is a communication between the debugger and the chip, which i checked with a oscilloscope.
    I also used different speeds for connecting to the MPC, no differences.

The Programmer gets the job done and then the "error in ONCE..." occurs several times afterward. I can not "step" or start the program in any way.

What do i have to do to make it work?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Greetings,

Could you check your chip part number and let me know if you have a MPC5604BK or just MPC5604B. There is a difference between B and BK especially with flash programming. I just want to make sure you have programmed it correctly.

Another thing to try is to use with and without the macro. The macro does things like initialize the RAM, disable watchdog, and set up the MMU if it exists. You are only getting this error in ONCE problem after flash programming and the reset script runs right after programming. If you still get the problem without the macro, then we know at least the macro is not the problem. If the problem does not exist when you do not run the script, then we can immediately start looking into what in the script is causing your issue.

Takao Yamada

• Hello,
    thank you for your reply!
    Meanwhile we found out where the problem is caused. It´s not the PE-micro debugger but the used Code::Blocks IDE, where the linker-settings are somehow wrong.

With a .elf file produced by the Codewarrior IDE it works fine with both debuggers.

So the problem was somehow caused by the macro, but only because the linker settings do not match properly.

If you are still curious about the chip, it´s labeled "SPC5604BCLL6". So its a MPC5604B right?

Thank you for your help.

Sincerly
    Michael

• Greetings,

Thank you for the update. Freescale SPC5604B is the same as Freescale MPC5604B, where one is marketed towards auto industry and the other to non-auto. But not to be confused with ST Micro's SPC560B40...

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement