Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Multi-Link Universal Not Working with VMware XP
Steven B. Oct 25, 2015 at 08:40 PM (20:40 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I just got in several multi-link unversal (Rev C) interfaces.  I am interfacing them to Freescale HSC 8-bit micro boards.  The multi-links will work with Freescale Code Warrior Eclipse IDE 10.6 in WIN 7 but not with Code warrior Classic running on the same computer under VMware XP.  The error is " Can't connect to target."  I previously used the USB-ML-Universal (Rev B).  It worked fine in XP running under VMware.  I made sure the interface was connected to XP & not WIN 7.  It was under JUNGO in the XP Device Manager.  So I know the driver was there.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled the driver.  Nothing helped.  I need to get the interface to talk to my Freescale HSC 8-bit boards like the old USB-ML-Universal interfaces did.

Comments

• Greetings,

If you have searched our forums or FAQ you would find that we have a patch to fix the problem with the Codewarrior classic. Classic was built before the rev C hardware was created so there are some incompatibility issues. My patch will fix this and get you working again:
    http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=211&menu_id=faqs

Use the FAQ to find out which patch you need and please follow the Readme instructions to patch up correctly.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this? Were you able to get the patch and drivers working?

Takao Yamada

• Takao,

Sorry I haven't replied. Been very busy. The patch fixed the problem. Thanks so much for your help.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement