Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
openSDA bricked on FRDM-KL05Z
michael l. Jun 29, 2015 at 09:24 PM (21:24 hours)
Staff: Zahar R.

• Hi,
    I was trying to update the bootloader on FRDM-KL05Z to use debugger instead of MSD. I put board into bootloader mode, copy the file BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA into bootloader drive. The device blinks as expected, I wait a moment unplug and reinsert usb. The drive remained in bootloader mode so I unplugged and inserted again and now I have no drives enumerated at all. I'm worried I may have bricked the openSDA on this device as I have no drives enumerated and no green LED. Is there any solution to this problem?

Comments

• Hi Michael, 

When you use BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA to update the Bootloader on the board, it erases existing OpenSDA DEBUG/MSD application, leaving the board programmed with Bootloader only at the end of the process.

In order to get your board up and running, all you have to do is drag and drop the latest DEBUG/MSD application into the board running in Bootloader mode. The latest MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL05Z_Pemicro_v114.SDA is available to download as a part of full OpenSDA app collection on our website:

www.pemicro.com/OpenSDA

Once you drop the latest application into Bootloader, the board will automatically start up in combined MSD/DEBUG mode the next time you power cycle the board.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement