Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Multilink universal rev a problem
. May 22, 2015 at 07:28 AM (07:28 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,

For codewarrior 10.4 ml universal rev a will support?
    Face the problem that "Target not responding" error while trying to connect this hardware.

Comments

• Greetings,

I suggest you update your codewarrior to version 10.6. But your multilink should still work. The real problem is your target is not responding. Your multilink is responding.

Please detail what chip you are trying to program. Make sure the blue and yellow LED on the multilink is lit.

Takao Yamada

• Hi,

Thanks.

they are working on hcs08 processor and both yellow and blue light glows. also for same board cyclone pro and ml 12 rev c works fine.

note:this is to support one of customer we are distributor for pe micro tools.

• Greetings,

Update the Codewarrior and it will work better. What is most likely happening is the customer is getting a firmware update warning and not able to update the firmware correctly. This is expected behavior for users not using CW10.6.

Takao Yamada

• Hi,

But in this case they updated firmware. i tried to check firmware through firmware update utility and it is not detecting there ..
    Even ml 12 also not detects.

• Greetings,

USB-ML-12 should not show up in the firmware updater utility. This is why there are two options: Multilink universal, and multilink universal FX.

Please use the latest version. You are probably using an older version if your multilink is not showing:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

Also make sure the multilink is not being used in any software. Reconnect the USB cable if you are not sure. Then try looking for it in the firmware updater utility.

Takao Yamada

• Hi,

by reconnecting i have tried but still not showing and this firmware update also they have done already.

• Hi,

now its detected in firmware update utility and updated firmware successfully but still problem is there.

• Greetings,

What did you do to get it detected on your firmware update utility? Please update your Codewarrior. You will see no problems once you update. Unless you do not update your Codewarrior I cannot help you.

Takao Yamada

• But already with out codewarrior update this other tools ml 12 and cyclone are working fine...whether ml universal only shows this update issue...

• Greetings,

You are not understanding my point. ML12 and Cyclone are old hardware. They have been around for more than 5 years. The new ML-universal is not even a year old. Your software is not up to date to handle the latest hardware.

Once you update the software, everything will be fine. You need to trust my suggestions or I am not going to be helpful to you.

Takao Yamada

• Hi,

I already told you its multilink universal old revision which we tried (rev a).For rev a tool also this update issue will be there?

• Greetings,

You obviously do not want my help. Rev A is already 3 years old and about the time when CW10.4 came out. The newer versions of multilink are not even a year old. Same time when CW10.6 update 2 came out. If you refuse to update, then continue to have problems. That is your choice.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement