Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
PE Micro HCS08/HCS12 Multilink Firmware Update
Erik L. Apr 20, 2015 at 06:32 PM (18:32 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I'm working with a legacy Freescale component, and am attempting to connect to it via the Multilink mentioned in the title. Where would I be able to find a firmware update for this ML? I couldn't seem to find one on the Downloads page.

Thanks,

Erik Lawrence

Comments

• Greetings,

Sorry about that. The download got removed for some odd reason. I have put it back up. It can be found in Support Page -> Documentation & Downloads -> Firmware Update checkbox -> USB-ML-12 Firmware v5.84

Takao Yamada

• The firmware you added back to the downloads page updated my hardware just fine, but unfortunately did not resolve my issue. I'm trying to connect to a Freescale S12G128 component via this Multilink and CodeWarrior 5.1, without success. Whenever I attempt to debug, the window opens, and the console declares that the Multilink was detected and ready, but crashes immediately after. Any ideas?

• Greetings,

You should try out my patch to update your Codewarrior:
    http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=211

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Did the patch work for you?

Takao Yamada

• The patch seems to have been properly applied, and Codewarrior appears to be operating normally, but the same issue still arises with the Debugger. Any other ideas?

-Erik

• Greetings,

I want you to try installing our unsecure 12 utility:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=16

This will unsecure any targets that are secured. My guess is that your target is not responding. Note, because you are using the G128 target make sure to change the setting to Pxxx/Gxxx.

Let me know if the utility worked.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

• My apologies for not responding sooner. We believe that there might be an issue with the client's hardware. The utility was unable to connect to the device. We ordered an eval board to make a comparison, and found that your adapter debugs just fine with it.

Thanks for the help,

Erik

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement