Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
reprogramming code
jim d. Nov 4, 2017 at 04:10 AM (04:10 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I can use Cyclone to debug the code by using Flash mode (not RAM mode); after I disconnect the Cyclone and power reset, seems the software won't be staying in the hardware. Do I need to use Cyclone to do SAP after Flash debug mode in order to let the software stay?

Thanks,
    JD

Comments

• Greetings,

1) How did you program the flash? What software were you using?

2) What software were you using to debug?

3) What happens if you take the binary file (e.g. s19 file) and use the PROG software found within your cyclone software package? Are you able to program your device?

Takao Yamada

• Thanks for replying!
      I am using NXP Design Studio for PPC to debug and its Flash button to programming. There are two algorithms, cflash and dflash, won't work either.

What's the PROG software about? Any instructions I can try?

Thanks again,
      Jim

• Greetings,

Do you mean S32 Power IDE? The flash button is not our implementation of flash programming; it is implemented by NXP so there is not much I can do to help you there. But if you did debug through S32 Power IDE, then that is PEMicro implementation and it should work very well. If you debug a project and then disconnect the cyclone and power cycle the board, then does your board behave correctly?

PROG is our flash programming software. You can try using our trial software, however, it is code-size limited to 64K and you can only program once. Meaning you can program either CFLASH or DFLASH, but not both because that would involve programming twice. PROG can be found within the following software package:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=194

Takao Yamada

• Yes, that's s32 power ide. 

When I use debug button, I tried to use either cflash or dflash algorithm; but after power reset the software gone. Do I have to use one algorithm which contains both c and d flash at same time? Not able to find such one for S32r274.

Jim

• Greetings,

If you are using debug, do not specify any custom algorithm. Just go with the default algorithm. If you still have issues, try creating a brand new project within S32 Power IDE for your device and try debugging the basic project without making any changes to code or debug configurations (other than selecting cyclone as your hardware interface).

I forgot to mention that PROG software for PPCNEXUS already exists within your cyclone software package. After programming in S32, try using PROG with command "Show module" and see if you are able to find your code in flash.

We will worry about DFLASH once you can get CFLASH programmed.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement