Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Would like to combine two PHY images into a single PHY image
John C. Nov 1, 2017 at 04:47 PM (16:47 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am using a Cyclone Pro to program a MC9S12C64 in a production environment.  My customer has provided me with two PHY files (the main program and boot code), both of which must be programmed into the MCU to make the device operational.  While I recognize that the Cyclone Pro can hold multiple images, I would prefer not to have to go through the steps of selecting each of the two different images in sequence.  I would like to be able to press the "Start" button once and have both images programmed into the part at the same time.  Unfortunately, I am unable to find a way to combine both PHY files into a single PHY file.  Can you recommend a method or tool that would allow me to do combine two PHY files into a single PHY image?

Comments

• Greetings,

The customer may have given you two separate PHY files for a reason. Are you programming 2 separate locations of flash? Or are these files going into the same region (Pflash-only, or EEPROM-only). If in the same region, then you can combine the two PHY files by just appending one after the one in a file.

However if the files are programming 2 separate locations using 2 different algorithms, then you should keep it that way. We cannot combine 9S12 algorithms into one due to paging memory.

Takao Yamaada

• Hi Takao,

Thanks for your support. I combined the two PHY images using a text editor (Notepad++) and the board is now programming correctly using the combined image. I must have gotten very lucky with the two images residing in the same region. Thanks again!

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement