Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Convert S19 file for use on cyclone FX
troy r. Oct 5, 2017 at 11:09 AM (11:09 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I have a *.s19 file and *.abs file that was generated using Code Warrior V6_2_SE. I need to load the data from this / these files onto a Cyclone FX programmer.

My cyclone image creation utility creates a *SAP file but when this is programmed to the microcontroller, the assembly does not function. Can anyone please walk me through the steps to get my files to work.

The device I'm trying to program is an NXP, P/N MC9S08QD2MSC. Please help!

Comments

• Greetings,

Before you try to automate the programming, you should make sure you can program using the PROG software. Find PROG for HCS08 and see if you are able to program. It could be that you are selecting the wrong algorithm, or you forgot to run some commands. Typical use is Choose algorithm, select binary file, erase module, program module, then verify checksum.

Takao Yamada

• Hello Takao. I'm obviously new to this so forgive me.  I don't have PROG for HCS08.

Since my post, I managed to get a hold of the actual binary file as well. I used PE BUN2S19 converter to make a S19 file. I don't know what the starting address should be so I played a little. I just get an error 6 (address range is not in the module).

any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

• Greetings,

You have PROG for HCS08 found within your cyclone software package. If you do not have it, then you should make sure to download the entire package from our website:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=462

Your original S19 and ABS files from CW should work just fine. No need to convert your files.

Takao Yamada

• I just reinstalled the software.  where is prog for hcs08 located?

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement