Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Target ColdfireV1 Image CRC32 not matching in various versions.
arjit n. Sep 12, 2017 at 04:36 AM (04:36 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Greetings,
    I am loading .abs image in cyclone pro(version 3.39) and again same in cyclone universal(version 6.22.00.05). and found that image CRC32 is not matching in them.
    My target architecture is coldfire V1.
    Image description is same in both.
    I am loading file through 'cyclone image creation utility'.

Program sequence may slightly differ in both of them, but i have changed in new version and saved a config file same as in older one.
    Now the program sequence is same in both versions as well.
    It is as follows:-

CM: choose algorithm;
    SS: Specify S record (in newer it is- specify object code);
    EN: Erase if not blank;
    PM: Program module;
    PT: Program Trim;
    VM: Verify Module;
    VC: Verify Checksum

Further, all other settings are same in both the Versions.

Can you please help me out here and tell me why the checksum is mismatching in the different versions of cyclone image creation utility.

Comments

• Greetings,

Embedded in the SAP image are meta data like what version of image creation utility you used to create the image.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,
    Actually i am working in energy metering industry.
    we have been working on MCF51EM256 micro, and i've to provide hex files(.abs format) for various different projects throughout the year.

Validation of correct hex file is done through CRC32.

Now the problem is that as the cyclone pro is become obsolete and newer version named cyclone universal has arrived, whose CRC32 is not matching with the previous.

I've provided all the image CRC32 from cyclone pro.
    and now if i am loading an old file in cyclone universal, then CRC32 comes different, which becomes an huge issue here.

Is there any way through which my hex file's CRC32 match in both the versions.

• Greetings,

I spoke with our cyclone development team and they will look into allowing you to view and confirm the old CRC32 calculations on a new image. Just know that there are other information that is omitted in the calculation, so this is only a workaround. I would advise that you look into updating the CRC value of the new system so that you are up to date.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement