Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Unsecure and program 9S12XEP100 using Cyclone Pro stand-alone
Kevin T. Jul 4, 2017 at 06:52 AM (06:52 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am attempting to program some 9S12XEP100 devices which have previously been programmed and secured using an OSBDM device.
    These are on a remote site and I am trying to put together a .SAP file to unsecure and program the devices as they have a Cyclone Pro available.
    I can preform the operation here by reprogramming (without securing) using the OSBDM, then programming using the Cyclone Pro.
    If I do not first reprogram (without securing) using the OSBDM, the Cyclone Pro fails with Error #00007.
    The remote site has only a Cyclone Pro and no working OSBDM, so I need a solution which works using the Cyclone Pro only, preferably as an integrated .SAP file.

Can anyone help with this please?

My current script for Image Creator is as follows:

; IGNORE S-RECORD RANGE CHECK.
    ;
    ; Automatically generated configuration file
    ; For in-circuit programming HCS12 Target
    ; FREQUENCY 8000000
    ; RESET_DELAY 0
    ;
    :AUTOUNSECURE 1
    :SAPGUIVERSION 332E3531
    :POWEROFFONEXIT 1
    :NEWIMAGE
    :DESCRIBEIMAGE MP1-111-us
    CM C:\PEMicro\cyclone_pro\Algorithms\HC12_HCS12\Freescale_9S12XEP100_1x16x512k_1024k_Linear_Pflash.12P
    SS <my software pathname>
    EN ;Erase if not Blank
    BM ;Blank Check Module
    PM ;Program Module
    VM ;Verify Module

Comments

• Greetings,

Is the target board powered externally? If not then you may be facing an issue where error 7 indicates the cyclone cannot communicate to a unpowered chip.

Otherwise, the configuration you have put together looks correct.

Takao Yamada

• The target is powered externally, and the chip is powered when error 7 occurs.
    Are there any other possible causes for this error?

• Greetings,

Trying to debug using standalone images are going to be difficult. So I would like you to try debugging this problem via PROG12Z software included in the cyclone software package. Try connecting to your target in OSBDM and cyclone and confirm your findings that you had with standalone.

If PROG works but standalone does not, then we have a firmware issue.
    If PROG also does not work, then we have a hardware issue.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

• I am unable to debug at the remote site, so I really need a standalone solution.

• Greetings,

Ask the people at the remote site to disconnect the PEmicro hardware and measure VDD, RESET, and BKGD pins on the 6-pin connection on the target board and report back with their findings. This can tell us a lot of the issue.

If VDD, RESET, and BKGD measurements do not match when the board is powered, then there is an issue with hardware. A popular mistake people make is not connecting VDD between the cyclone and the target board. VDD is necessary even if the board is externally powered because it is used as a reference voltage for the cyclone. Without it, the cyclone has no idea if 3V or 5V is considered a high voltage.

Takao Yamada

• I know that the voltages and pin connections are correct because it is possible to program the device using the Cyclone if it is first unsecured using the OSBDM.
      What I need is a standalone solution to program using the Cyclone *without* first unsecuring with the OSBDM.

• Greetings,

Any update on this? Were you able to find a solution? I have not been able to think up of any reason why you must use OSBDM to unsecure. It makes no sense to me.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement