Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
some trouble about make .dll file control the u_cyclone
jinde w. Feb 7, 2017 at 08:09 AM (08:09 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• HI:
    I encountered two problems in the use of dynamic link library file control U_CYCLONE
    1: after installing the PEDrivers_install driver file. Connect to U_cyclone and run the connection function device without any response. The function name "connect_to_cyclonepromax" returns a value of 0
    Is there anything important steps i have not do it?
    2: I use LABVIEW 2012 call function node, I would like to ask some of the steps in the use of DLL, Could you provide some examples of the use of LABVIEW?.
    thanks .

Comments

• Hi Jinde,

Before you can get a handle through "connect_to_cyclonepromax", you have the load the dll into memory to make all the functions available and then detect all the connected Cyclones.

load_dll() -> enumerate_all_ports() -> connect_to_cyclonepromax

Please make sure that you are performing each of these steps. Can you call the version function and tell me if it is returning the right version number?

Regards,
      Johnny
      PEmicro

• hi
    The version number I gotten is 5.89.00.00 which from the version function.
    and now I can not see the load _dll() from the labview .just call the enumerate_all_ports() and the connect_to_cyclonepromax(),and i cannot get the right handle returned.and I am not sure which setting is right about the function of connect_to_cyclonepromax() following

connect_to_cyclonepromax(5, 2, universal_PEM932EC0)

connect_to_cyclonepromax(5, 3, USB1)

connect_to_cyclonepromax(5, 1, 10.0.9.238)

I can use the DEMO executable both read and programming image. but there is no response in LABVIEW 2012.

Thank you for your consideration and I will be looking forward to your reply。

• Jinde,

I sent you a different header file from a customer's LabView project which I would like you to test. It modifies the .h to use "extern C" for each function so the compiler uses C-style linking.

Regards,
      Johnny
      PEmicro

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement