Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
MPC5746R range error
Zoltan N. Jan 11, 2017 at 04:13 PM (16:13 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello Pemicro guys,

Seems I need your support again. I bought a Cyclone MAX for actual project, need to program MPC5746R.
    When I selected algorithm "Freescale_MPC5746R_1x32x4k_BAF.pcp" I got range error, during image preparation. The datafile was provided by end customer, seems the algorithm doesn't support that.
    The message is
    "Ending address is not in module or less than starting address"

An other data file manager says the range is:
    1000000-137FFFF
    Area ADR LEN GAP
    0001 1000000 180000 1C0000
    0002 1340000 040000

Can you check it please ?
    I can provide the datafile if it is required.

Thank you in advance so much

Regards:
    Zoltán Németh
    Hungary
    Beko Engineering Kft

Comments

• Greetings,

Why did you choose the BAF algorithm for the MPC5746R? Erasing and modifying the BAF can cause many unintended problems into your chip.

Did you carefully check what kind of algorithms are available and which to select? Your data file looks to be in CFLASH, so I am curious why you did not select this algorithm instead.

Takao Yamada

• Hi,
    Thank you for hint. I checked couple of algorith except CFLASH. You are right.
    Yes .. thought first BAF is Boot loader and Application, but it is Boot Assists Flash.
    Is that and descirption of algorithms or should I just try others in case failure?

CFLASH compiled without error now, I hope will work.
    Thank you again

Zoltan

• Greetings,

BAF is the boot assist flash. That is what gets ran when you power-on-reset the chip. You can open the algorithm in a text editor to see what memory range it supports to help you in figuring out if your binary file will work.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement