Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
MC9S12A64 / Error 00000007
Michael K. Jan 2, 2017 at 09:22 AM (09:22 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• We are using the Cylcone Pro in SAP mode.

The goal is to run a "clear EEPROM" function with one SAP image, then "install a bootloader" with a 2nd SAP image.

We have created PHY files using the PE image creation utility SW and loaded them to the Pro using the PE Image manager utility SW.

Note: there was a bit of an issue here initially, as my software vendor was providing .s19 files. The .s19 files did not load direct to the Pro, which I now understand.

We are using the "HCS12" architecture and controller "Freescale 9S12A64_1x16x32k_Linear_16K_page".

The instrument PCB has a 6 pin female / female cable. This cable is connected direct to the MC on the PCB. I am connecting the other cable end direct to the 6 pin port on the Pro. I am powering the PCB via the instrument (ie I am not supply power from the Pro). The jumpers on the Pro are in the "5" position a default from PE.

I am receiving an ERROR $00000007 which corresponds to "cannot enter debug mode" from the manual.

Any thoughts ? I read a post 4/19/16 in regards to correct PHY file type....."For HCS12 architecture, we handle this differently. The S19 file is in logical format and we handle our tools using physical format. If your compiler generates a GLO file, then this is the file you need. Otherwise, you can use our LOG2PHY utility to convert your S19 file into PHY file. The utility is free. NOTE: Your compiler may generate a PHY file already, but it is in the wrong format and it will not work. Please use our utility to generate the PHY file."

Is it possible I have the wrong format PHY file from my vendor ?

Are my power settings ok ? Is it fine to power the MC from the instrument, as in normal use ?

Comments

• Greetings,

Error $0007 indicates having problems communicating to your target device. So it has not even gotten the chance of loading your PHY file. You do not have to worry about the PHY file yet.

Trying to debug an automated flash programmer is going to be impossible. So what we always suggest is to find the PROG software in your cyclone software package. For your setup you need the PROG12Z. Use this to test out the PHY file, the algorithm you selected, the settings and commands you plan on using, etc. This is the best way and how I would debug this problem.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement