Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Cyclone Max blank LCD screen
jut s. Oct 25, 2016 at 03:19 PM (15:19 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

I have a red cyclone max with fw version 7.93. For no apparent reason the LCD screen is totally blank, but the back light is on. I can load new images via ethernet, so it's somewhat alive. Any ideas on how to resuscitate the device? Perhaps load to firmware?

Regards,
    Jut

Comments

• I am having this same issue with a blue cyclone pro.

• Greetings,

It may be the firmware got corrupt, but if you are able to load images to the cyclone, then it might not be. It could be that the cable that connects the LCD screen to the Cyclone base PCB got disconnected or is loose. You can unscrew the case and see a thin plastic ribbon coming from the front of the cyclone to the back. See if this cable is disconnected.

Takao Yamada

• Hello,

I checked the LCD ribbon cable - it looks fine. I even disconnected it, checked contacts under microscope (looks good) and reconnected the cable. That didn't help, still got a blank screen.

Any other ideas?

Regards,
    Jut

• Greetings,

I think it is best to send the unit to us for evaluation. I have sent you an RMA ticket.

Most likely it will not cost you any repair costs if we can reprogram it. Just cost of shipping the unit to us and back to you. However if reprogramming does not resolve the issue, we will then have to get our engineers to take a look at it.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

We have yet to receive the cyclone. What is going on?

Takao Yamada

• Hello, very busy here.  We'll ship it out this week.

Jut

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement