Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
PROGHCS08 - Flash Programmer
Meghana S. Jun 1, 2016 at 11:20 AM (11:20 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello 

I am having issues flashing multiple boards with this programmer. Once I start the programmer and select the Algorithm and the hex file, I can flash a board. When I remove the flashed board and connect another one to flash, the programmer is not able to communicate with the board anymore. I have to restart the programmer. We want to use this programmer to flash hundreds of boards in the prototype lab.

This issue probably has to do with putting the micro in background mode for flashing. How can we resolve this issue?

Thank you.
    Meghana

Comments

• Greetings,

Which P&E hardware are you using?

If you are using a multilink, you are correct that you must enter background mode for each chip. You cannot simply exchange chip and start a program command.

Since you are successfully able to flash program using PROG, now the next step for you is to look into CPROG, which is the command-line programmer. This will help you automate the flash programming. Look inside the PROG folder for the CPROG executable and the documentation on how to get it working. If you get it working, you just simply attach your multilink to the chip/board, double click on the batch script, wait for it to finish, then attach to a new board and double click on the batch script, repeat. It will re-enter background for you each time and make your life easier.

If you are using a cyclone, please let me know. There are much easier and faster ways to program using the cyclone than using PROG or CPROG.

Takao Yamada

• Yes, I am using the Multilink Universal FX. I will try the CPROG command line programmer like you suggested.

• Greetings,

Any luck with the CPROG programmer? Does it work great for your setup?

Takao Yamada

• Hello Takao

We have not been able to work on this yet. Is there a restriction on the number of machines the Flash Programmer can be installed? We installed it on 3 machines and we get a error saying number of license users has exceeded.

Thank you.
    Meghana

• Greetings,

Our license is single-user, single-seat license. Meaning, that the software is tied to one person and although it can be installed on multiple machines it cannot be used simultaneously. Users who follow the license agreement are entitled to more activations of their license. User who break the agreement lose support and any further activation of their license.

So if you have 3 computers with 3 multilinks, then you need 3 licenses. Make sure you have the proper number of licenses. If you need further help with your license, then please go to Support page -> Support requests and submit a ticket and our license manager will assist you in getting that straightened out.

Takao Yamada

• Hello Takao

We only have 1 multilink hardware. If we can get this working consistently, we will buy more hardware. Do we still need multiple licenses just to use 1 hardware on multiple machines?

Thank you.
    Meghana

• Greetings,

Remember, the license is tied to a person's name or email address. So if that one person is using more than 3 machines with just one multilink, then you do not need multiple licenses. Please submit a support ticket and our license manager can help you get more activations. We do not do license support on the public forums, unless you want people stealing your installation code and activations!

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement