Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
STMicro SPC564B64L7 Error 7 with Package mask BA
Karakai A. May 25, 2016 at 08:09 AM (08:09 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Dear PEMicro,

We have one product, what uses SPC564B64L7 from ST. We need to program it via JTAG. For this, we use a CycloneMAX device.

Until now, we had no problems with the process, but after a new IC batch we got an error 7 (Error entering debug mode) for all devices.

The difference between the two IC batches is the "Device masking identifier".
    The old ICs had AA, the new (not working) ICs had BA as identifier. If we change the IC on a not working board (with BA type)to an AA type, then everything works.

According to the "S_Errata_SPC564Bxx_SPC56ECxx" from ST, the differences between the two are the following

Package device marking mask identifier: BA AA
    JTAG_ID 0x0AE4A041 0x0AE49041
    MCU ID Register 1 MAJOR_MASK 02 01
    MCU ID Register 1 MINOR_MASK 00 00

As far as I know, the "AA" and "BA" identifiers indicate the production site, and the "AA" type is discontinued.

Can our problem originate from the above data difference?
    If Yes, can we somehow modify our process for the new identifiers, or do we need new algorithms?

Thank You, for Your help.
    Best Regards:
    AndrĂ¡s

Comments

• Greetings,

This is new to me and indeed what you have specified means our current software and firmware does not include this support.

Could you please go to support page -> Support requests and create a ticket about this? If you have the errata document please post that in the ticket so I can read it and learn of any new changes in this new silicon.

I will do my best to quickly add this support into new cyclone max software and firmware by end of next week.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Just a note, the latest software and firmware releases now have this device supported.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement