Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Flashing STM32F051R8 with Cyclone Universal
pierre l. May 24, 2016 at 05:36 AM (05:36 hours)
Staff: Kevin M.

• Hello

I am trying to flash a STM32F051R8 using a Cyclone Universal but it cannot even connect to the processor (I checked the cables).
    I can connect to a STM32F030R8 on another board (this micro is very similar) with the Cyclone Universal.
    I can connect to the STM32F051R8 using another flasher from Segger, but it fails with the Cyclone Universal.
    Would you have any clue ? I made sure I use the latest programming algorithm.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Comments

• Pierre,

Is the target powered? Are you using SWD or JTAG? What shift frequency are you using?

Best,

Kevin

• Hi Kevin,

The target is powered externally. I am using SWD and tried all the shift frequencies (I tried 1M first, which is the value used by the Segger programmer), but none would work.

Best regards

• Hello,

If you have any other question so we could go further in our investigations, please let me know.
      We oedered a Segger pregrammer in the mean time as a temporary solution, but we would really be happier with the Cyclone Universal as it is a more industrial solution to add to a test and software download bench.

Thank you for your help, and have a nice day !

• Hello,

In the end,we found out what was the issue : our design office designed their embedded application to use the SWDIO input as an output, which means that we can only download an empty processor, but we cannot redownload once the application is started.
      Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your help anyway.

Have a nice day

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement