Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Programmer goes in security mode.
. Apr 20, 2016 at 01:39 AM (01:39 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi

I have 3 cyclone preogrammers connected to ICT machine. When machine is power cycled one out of 3 programmer fails to flash the ic. Then if i manually flash the programmer through the programming tool it asks for erase security. When this is done the programmer runs smoothly.
    Please help me to find solution for this.

Comments

• Greetings,

Please provide which hardware and software you are using and the chip you are trying to program. Which cyclone are you using? Are you using any software? What chip are you trying to program? Without this information I have no idea what you are doing.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Could I please get an update on this?

Takao Yamada

• Hi

I am using TRI ICT TR5001
      IC used to program is 9S08LG16.
      The cyclone used is cyclone pro.

• Greetings,

Is the same cyclone failing each time? Or randomly one of the 3 is failing?
    Does the failure occur every time you attempt to erase? Or occasionally does it fail?

Takao Yamada

• Hi,

Yes the same one fails.

• Greetings,

You may want to send that cyclone in for repair. If you wish to do so, please let me know and I can assign an RMA ticket. Without an RMA ticket you cannot send us any items.

Takao Yamada

• May i know, if a single cyclone can have 3 outputs

• Greetings,

I do not understand your question. 3 outputs? Like connect to 3 targets at the same time? No, that cannot work. You must communicate to one target at a time per cyclone. Only with ARM Kinetis is there an option to have 2 targets in a daisy chain setup that could work but usually when two chips are mounted on a single board.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement