Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
Cyclone ST - upgrading fpga design
John R. Apr 12, 2016 at 03:41 PM (15:41 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

After an image was loaded, we see the above error every time the start button is pressed followed by $00000007 code. Power, Idle and Error LEDs are all lit. I tried loading different images, but get the same result.

Screen as follows:

Cyclone-ST v1.47-0.0
    IP: 10.0.4.40
    Name: Virgo
    IN1: (reads whatever image we load)
    S/N:
    Ready
    Error $00000007

When comparing to a working unit, the only differences are the IP address and v1.47-0.3.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• Greetings,

I want you to download our latest Cyclone for ST software and firmware and use the software "Cyclone Image Manager" (aka ManageImages.exe) and try connecting to your cyclone via USB. See if you are able to upgrade your firmware and FPGA to the latest version. Hopefully this resolves your issue:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=367

If you are not successful, you may want to look into sending that unit to us for reprogramming. Let me know how it goes and we can discuss how to proceed.

Takao Yamada

• Follow up:

Though the unit would communicate, I could not perform the target voltage calibration, so I opened it up to find the "daughter board" was not seated correctly. We are always replacing the buttons on these due to heavy use, so the screws strip out the plastic in short order. Re-connected the 2 boards, tested and the unit works again.

Thanks

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement